07 February 2012

A Weekend of Cultural Exchange: Food

After a few weeks of trying traditional Danish foods from herring to hot dogs, I decided it was time to share something all American with my host family: No Bake Cookies! Peanut butter is rather novel in Denmark and I don’t think anyone understands just how to use it. My host mom and brother tried a spoonful and, well, let’s just say they aren’t George Washington Carver’s biggest fans. However, when turned into the wonder of No Bakes, it was a huge hit!

The jar of peanut butter is even decorated in American patriotism, as is the slightly less appealing pre packaged cheeseburger: Traditional Danish hotdog (complete with mustard, ketchup, fried onion, and pickles):

2 comments:

  1. Those cheeseburgers look pretty similar to what they serve in the caf...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the patriotism is killing me - who actually buys that stuff??! ew. and, please explain the BRIGHT red hot dog!! what is up with the color. and, what is up with the size of those pickles? they don't look very pickled. maybe I will have to take a cooking field trip to Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete