06 January 2012

Allow me to introduce myself...

Amberly’s the name, studying abroad is the game. Join me on my adventure from rural Michigan to the bustling streets of Copenhagen. I am so excited to share this semester with you. I encourage you to ask questions, make suggestions, and comment in hopes that you, from wherever you are reading, can feel like you are in Denmark, too.

A little about me:

I attend Central Michigan University (That's me with our school seal in the picture, Fire Up Chips!) in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. As a sociology major, I enjoy watching social interactions and fighting for human rights. I am also studying for minors in history and global justice. While I am very academically focused, I also enjoy expressing myself through the art of sewing, playing guitar, and dancing.

Having grown up in Northern Michigan, I have always had a passion for anything outdoors – hiking, biking, kayaking, cross country skiing, swimming – I can’t get enough!

Of course, I love traveling. I have studied abroad on two previous occasions: both to Mexico. The first was after my sophomore year of high school, when I went to Merida to spend a week with a host family and a week participating in cultural exploration. Last summer, I returned for a three week long service learning project in Oaxaca.

The sights, the sounds, the food: the world has so much to offer and knowing I have only explored a fraction makes me yearn for travel once again. Denmark, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Clever blog title! Can't wait to hear about the exciting ongoings of Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Amanda said! I can't wait to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete