27 January 2012

Week One Highlights

1) My first exposure to Danish music! We listened to this one by Rasmus Seebach the other night while making dinner:


2) Speaking of dinner, this is what we made:
Yes, pizza, but can you spot the secret ingredient? The Danish word is ‘majs’ (sort of pronounced like ‘maize’)

3) The Amazing Race: Copenhagen, a DIS program intended to facilitate exploration of the city’s many historical and governmental buildings including parliament and the queen's palace.



4) Exploring Ganløse, my new home.
5) Starting classes! My professors so far are very approachable and passionate about the subjects they teach. I can’t wait to dive further into the topics.


6) My first Danish (wienerbrød)! It was delicious. I got it at Studenterhuset, my Kaya away from CMU. More on that and the exciting week to come later.

2 comments:

  1. Amberly,
    Good to hear things are going well in Denmark. Sounds like things are set up quite well for you. Stay warm!
    How did you put the "revolvermap" into your blog? Thought I'd try to do the same.
    Uncle Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle Jon!
      I think if you click on where my globe says "revolvermap," you can set up your own globe and it will give you an HTML code to copy and paste into one of the gadgets/widgets on your blog. Hope that helps!

      Delete