10 January 2012

GOAL!

For those of you who know me, you know I am extremely goal oriented. In my calendar, I plan out my day to the half hour to ensure I get everything on my task list completed. Naturally, I have some goals for my experience abroad, and I know that the best way to keep myself accountable is for me to share them:

1) Make the most of my experience and never let the fear of failure or rejection keep me from doing something I want to do
2) Explore sustainability in Denmark
3) Make friends with people from all over the world and never be afraid to start up a conversation with a stranger (or be afraid but do it anyways)
4) Get involved with extracurricular activities (at least 2)
5) Keep my grades up
6) Write often! (at least weekly via blog and nearly daily in personal journal)
7) Take LOTS of pictures (kind of a given)
8) Learn to cook Danish dishes
9) Explore the Danish music scene
10) In omnia paratus! (my personal motto: Be ready for anything)



If Nicklas Bendener, a Danish football player, can make these goals, I think I can acheive mine too.

3 comments:

  1. We miss you already! Can you get to Denmark already so I can start requesting that you send me pictures? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amberly - I am not some weird stalker, I am the pastor of Resurrection Lutheran Church in Alpena. Maybe I met you once ... but I just talked with your mom and your adventure in Copenhagen sounded very interesting. I would like to email you some info about Lutheran in Denmark, my email is scottameier42@gmail.com
    if you send me a quick note, I can send you a short attachment of information. Have a great first few days.

    ReplyDelete